1. Management of Personal Information
2. Retention of Personal Information and other Data
The gathering of Personal Information will be done reasonably and only for the extent required, Members can decide the extent of Personal Information that they choose to provide.
If the Member does not choose to provide their Personal Information or does not accept the use of Personal Information for new Peatix services or features, there is a possibility that the Member will not be able to use services or features that require Personal Information.
Peatix will gather Personal Information for the following purposes.
- Personal Information gathered when using a service provided by Peatix.
- Personal Information gathered when contacting Peatix.
When contacting Peatix, Peatix will ask for Personal Information to contact the Member including name, email address, and phone number.
- Personal Information gathered when Peatix publishes promotional campaigns.
When entering for campaign, Peatix will ask for the name and email address necessary to make entry.
- Personal Information when subscribing for notification emails provided by Peatix.
When subscribing for notification emails, Peatix will ask for email address necessary to send emails.
3. Usage of Personal Information
As a general rule, Peatix will use Members' Personal Information for the following six purposes (excluding Attendee Information Required by Organizers). When using Members’ Personal Information for purposes other than below, Peatix will announce in this page or in our service.
- To provide services safely and securely.
- For internal reference materials that will be utilized in enhancing the quality of services.
- To enhance services provided to Members.
- To inform users of special services or new reference materials.
- To contact users as required.
- To conduct surveys on usages patterns or usage environments.
Peatix will not use the Attendee Information Required by Organizers for our business except for the publishing and sharing under conditions specified in “4. Disclosure and Sharing of Personal Information” below.
4. Disclosure and Sharing of Personal Information
- Peatix will not disclose user’s Personal Information including Account Information and Attendee Information Required by Organizers to a third party except for the following cases:
- User consent has been obtained.
- Disclosure or sharing is required under law.
- Disclosure or sharing is required to protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of users, in cases where obtaining user consent if difficult.
- Disclosure or sharing is especially necessary for improving public health or promoting the sound growth of children, in cases where obtaining user consent is difficult.
- Disclosure or sharing is required to cooperate with the public affairs of national or local governments, and when obtaining customer consent is likely to hinder the administration of public affairs.
- Peatix may, for any one of the purposes below, provide Personal Information including Account Information and Attendee Information Required by Organizers to event Organizers or to the third parties who signed joint development contract or any other agreement with Peatix which specifies the collaboration on our services (“Third Party Business Partners In Collaboration”)*, and jointly use such information with the event organizers or Third Party Business Partners In Collaboration. In joint usage, Peatix and, event Organizers or Third Party Business Partners In Collaboration will be responsible for the management of Personal Information provided
- Organizer to manage attendees for their event.
- Organizers to contact users who plan to attend or have attended their event.
- Peatix and the Third Party Business Partners In Collaboration to provide Peatix service safely and securely.
- Peatix and the Third Party Business Partners In Collaboration to enhance services provided to Members.
- Peatix and the Third Party Business Partners In Collaboration to provide special or new services.
- If the Peatix user has used features or services provided by Peatix to reveal or share Personal Information with a third party.
- If the identity of a Peatix user has been ascertained based on information that the user has inputted into Peatix.
- When content containing Personal Information has been uploaded to the site.
- If the event Organizer or the third party business partner is applicable to a business operator handling personal information and violates any regulations in the handling of personal information.
- In addition to the one prescribed by the preceding paragraph, if the third party who acquired Personal Information as specified under “4. Disclosure and Sharing of Personal Information” publishes or leaks its owned users’ Personal Information by its intention or fault.
*There is no such third party as of now.
5. Cookies related to advertisements and notification emails
Data analysis to optimize advertisement distribution in cooperation with the advertisement platform of Ad network or DSP operators
BIG MINING http://bi.garage.co.jp/about/privacypolicy/optout
cyber communications inc. http://www.cci.co.jp/privacypolicy/optout/dmp.html
Cookies will be set for each browser. In case the user accesses the Site from multiple devices (PC, tablet, smartphone etc) or multiple browsers (Google Chrome, Internet Explorer etc), it is necessary to opt out for each browser. After opting out, cookies notifying the opt out will be set on the browser and it is necessary to opt out again if the user deletes the cookie from such browser.
6. Direct Emails
For those users who have agreed to the Terms of Services Peatix will send information that Peatix believes is of value to the users' registered email address. It is also possible to opt out of Direct Emails.
7. Changes or retracting Personal Information
If a user makes a request to confirm or change any Personal Information, Peatix will act promptly and appropriately.
In order to ensure privacy and security a Member's Personal Information is protected with a password. When the Member's information is transmitted, Peatix uses SSL (Secure Socket Layer) and encrypts information that has been inputted in order to prevent its loss. However, generally speaking data transmissions over the Internet can not be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Peatix does take measures to protect the user's Personal Information, but can not guarantee that all information provided by Peatix is absolutely secure.
Peatix bears no liability if a third party gains access to Personal Information for reasons other than those specified under “4. Disclosure and Sharing of Personal Information” in the following circumstances.
11. Other topics
Updated June 15, 2017 Peatix Inc.