1. Management of Personal Information
2. Retention of Personal Information and other Data
Peatix will gather Personal Information for the following purposes. The gathering of Personal Information will be done reasonably and only for the extent required, users can decide the extent of Personal Information that they choose to provide.
If the user does not choose to provide their Personal Information or does not accept the use of Personal Information for new PeaTiX services or features, there is a possiblity that the user will not be able to use services or features that require Personal Information.
- Personal Information gathered when using a service provided by Peatix.
- Personal Information gathered when contacting Peatix.
When contacting Peatix, Peatix will ask for Personal Information to contact the user including, Name and email address.
- Personal Information gathered if Peatix were to have a contest
When registering for a contest held by Peatix, Peatix will ask for Personal Information to contact the user including, Name and email address.
- Personal Information gathered when registering to a newsletter provided by Peatix.
When registering for a newsletter provided by Peatix, Peatix will ask for Personal Information to contact the user including, email address.
3. Usage of Personal Information
As a general rule, Peatix or the events organizer will use users' Personal Information for the following purposes. When using Personal Information for purposes other than listed below, the reasons for the use of Personal Information will be stated on this page or elsewhere within PeaTiX.
PeaTiX will generally use Personal Information for the 6 purposes that follow.
- To provide Peatix's and the event organizer's service in a safe and steady way.
- For internal reference materials that will be utilized in enhancing the quality of services provided by Peatix and event organizer.
- To enhance services provided to users.
- In order to inform users of special services or new reference materials.
- In order to contact users as required.
- In order to conduct surveys on usages patterns or usage environments.
4. Sharing and publishing of Personal Information
Peatix may entrust the handling of Personal Information to contracted entities according to needs. If Peatix were to do so, Peatix will utilized methods such as legal contracts to ensure that the third party managed Personal Information proper.
Peatix may publish Personal Information in the following circumstances.
- The user has agreed to the sharing or publishing of his/her Personal Information
- If the sharing or publishing of Personal Information is required to provide information or services that the user is requesting
- If the event organizer requires names, email addresses and other personal information for its marketing activities
- If a formal request is made from public institutions such as a court, police or etc.
- If the actions of the user are in violation of the Terms of Services or guidelines of PeaTiX and it is necessary to use Personal Information to protect the rights, assets, services or etc. of PeaTiX
- If it is necessary to publish Personal Information to protect important assest such as users' or the public's life, health, assets or etc.
- If referrals to financial institutions are required in order to process transactions, make payouts or etc.
- If publishing or responsibilities for providing Personal Information are required under law
6. Direct Mails
For those users who have agreed to the Terms of Services PeaTiX will send information that Peatix believes is of value to the users' registered email address. It is also possible to opt out of Direct Mails.
7. Changes or retracting Personal Information
If a user makes a request to confirm or fix any Personal Information, Peatix will act promptly and appropriately.
In order to ensure privacy and for security a Member's Personal Information is protected with a password. For security when the Member's information is transmitted, Peatix uses SSL (Secure Socket Layer) and encrypts information that has been inputted in order to prevent the loss, editing and However, generally speaking data transmissions over the Internet can not be guaranteed to be 100% secure. PeaTiX does take measures to protect the user's Peronal Information, but can not guarantee that all information provided by PeaTiX is properly secured.
Peatix bears no liability if a third party gains access to Personal Information in the following circumstances.
- If the PeaTiX user has used features or services provided by PeaTiX to reveal or share Personal Information with a third party.
- If the identity of a PeaTiX user has been ascertained based on information that the user has inputted into PeaTiX.
- When content containing Personal Information has been uploaded to the site.
- If the event organizer violates any regulations in the handling of personal information
11. Other topics
Updated April 17, 2012 Peatix Inc.