Developer Experience Engineer[Remote]
Peatix is looking for a Developer Experience Engineer. You’ll be responsible for the planning, implementation, and support of systems that help Peatix engineers ship code quickly, reliably, and enjoyably. In development and in production, you’ll help engineers understand the impact and performance of their code.
WHO DO WE NEED?
- Peatix Product Engineering is a distributed team supporting a popular and complex service.
- Historically, as a small team, engineers at Peatix touched every facet of the product and the development processes. As we grow, we want you to help us evolve past this while keeping developers engaged with their code throughout its lifecycle.
- We want you for the skills you want to hone as much as for the skills you bring to the table.
- You expect to be guided and supported rather than micromanaged.
- If you relish the ever-changing developer experience landscape and take pride in, and responsibility for, your work then drop us a line: we want to meet you.
What you'll do
- Design and create systems to develop, test, deploy, and monitor code.
- Work closely with engineers to discover their needs and what is blocking them, and develop systems and automation to help them be productive.
- Define appropriate metrics to measure team productivity and identify areas for improvement.
- Write documentation so that the systems you maintain and develop are understandable to the whole team.
- As Peatix is small, you’ll have the opportunity to work on other areas, based on interest and demand.
- You'll be working with a distributed team, so there is an emphasis on being a strong verbal and written communicator.
- You have the ability to empathize and work with a diverse range of colleagues.
- You're well-versed in modern web application development with 5+ years experience.
- You have experience working with CI and build systems.
- You have experience designing and writing tests.
- You can read and write maintainable Bash scripts.
- You understand the value of documenting and gradually enforcing best practices.
- You have experience working with Git and GitHub.
- You have experience working with AWS.
- You have experience working with production systems using VMs and containers (docker, docker-compose).
- You have experience working with relational and non-relational databases (MySQL, Redis, and Elasticsearch).
- You have experience with Perl. Peatix has historically been built with Perl, but it will not be the day-to-day language that you use for your work.
- You have experience with mobile app development workflows.
- You can work remotely from almost anywhere, though we’ll look favorably on candidates that are located where Peatix already has team members.
- Peatix has offices in Tokyo, Singapore, and Kuala Lumpur. If you’re located in those cities, you’re welcome to work in the office.
- You'll be working with team members in Australia, Japan, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, and the United States.
Who is Peatix
Peatix is a global event registration platform that provides event organizers with powerful tools to create, promote, manage and sell out events of all sizes. Launched in 2011 in Japan, Peatix is now headquartered in New York and has expanded into Singapore and Malaysia.
At Peatix, we believe we can make the world a better place by making it easier for people to meet with each other. By helping organizers create more and more diverse events for more and more diverse groups of people, we hope to connect people around the world and let people understand each other.
Why you should work for Peatix
Peatix is a customer centric company where we value collaboration, communication, empathy, quality, and shipping. We believe that you'll do better work by being healthier and happier, so we want you to have a life outside of working at Peatix. We encourage you to attend Peatix events as well.
Peatix is made up of people of a number of different nationalities and backgrounds. We will continue to be a company that embraces diversity and look forward to applications from people from various backgrounds and lifestyles. Peatix will not discriminate against Peatix employees or applicants based on their age, citizenship, gender identity or expression, national origin, pregnancy status, race, religion, sexual orientation or any other differences.
If you're applying for a specific position, be sure to include details such as links to:
- Your blog or other online presence
- Your GitHub / Bitbucket / etc. repositories
- Relevant patches and bug reports to open-source projects
- Sample code
- ...anything else you feel is relevant
A public LinkedIn profile or resumé/CV is not strictly required (but would be helpful)