Peatix is currently looking for an Accountant to join our team and manage and support the daily operations of the accounting department.
Accountant responsibilities include day-to-day accounting activities, and ensuring the timely and accurate delivery of financial statements and reporting for our 4 global entities, with primary focus on our Japan subsidiary. This is an exciting opportunity, as it will provide the candidate to be a part of a growing accounting team with opportunities to be involved in a broad range of accounting operations. Peatix is a global company that values diversity and work life balance, with a supportive and respectful corporate culture. As the company prepares for a possible IPO, you will have the opportunity of gaining hands-on experience with IPO prep.
Our ideal candidate will be embraces and believes in the growth of the Peatix business and is willing to grow with the Company; is a team player, and has a broad accounting experience; has a solid knowledge of general accounting functions and the overall monthly closing process and can work independently; has outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, is approachable, and is able to build trusting relationships with both internal and external counterparts; and is willing to embrace the speed and flexibility needed to succeed in an ever changing startup environment.
General accounting functions
- Including, but not limited to: monthly and year-end closing for Peatix Japan K.K., handle A/P payment operations, A/R management, general ledger, and treasury operations
- Manage general ledger accounting functions
- Preparation of accounting work for Peatix Inc parent company and Asia subsidiaries, as well as consolidation work
Communication with outside accounting firms (both Japanese & English)
- IPO preparation work, including working with external auditors and preparation of tax filing documents
- At least 5 years of accounting / bookkeeping experience with proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills (Use of excel functions and pivot tables to sort and analyze data)
- Excellent Japanese verbal and written communication skills and and experience using Japanese in a business environment
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills and superior attention to detail
Nice to haves are are really just nice to haves, and applicants should apply even if they don’t have them
- Startup experience
- Business level English (communication via email, Slack, meetings)
- Financial consolidation
- Audit support, IPO prep
- CPA (JP and/or US)
Who is Peatix
Peatix is a global event registration platform that provides event organizers with powerful tools to create, promote, manage and sell out events of all sizes. Launched in 2011 in Japan, Peatix is now headquartered in New York and has expanded into Singapore, Malaysia, and Hong Kong.
At Peatix, we believe we can make a great positive impact by making it easier for people to meet with each other. By helping organizers create more and more diverse events for more and more diverse groups of people, we hope to connect people around the world and let people understand each other.
Why you should work for Peatix
Peatix is a customer centric company where we value collaboration, communication, empathy, quality, and shipping. We believe that you'll do better work by being healthier and happier, so we want you to have a life outside of working at Peatix. We encourage you to attend Peatix events as well.
Peatix is made up of people of different nationalities and backgrounds. We will continue to be a company that embraces diversity and look forward to applications from people from various backgrounds and lifestyles. Peatix will not discriminate against Peatix employees or applicants based on their age, citizenship, gender identity or expression, national origin, pregnancy status, race, religion, sexual orientation or any other differences.