Sr. Accountant [Remote]
Peatix is currently looking for a Sr. Accountant to join our team and manage and support the daily operations of the accounting department.
Sr. Accountant responsibilities include establishing financial status by developing and implementing systems, evaluating day-to-day accounting activities, and ensuring the timely and accurate delivery of financial statements and reporting. It also includes establishing and enforcing proper accounting methods, policies and principles.
Our ideal candidate will be responsible and reliable, and willing to regularly contribute to making our company a better place to work. S/he should be highly efficient, organized, and approachable. We expect applicants to have a solid knowledge of general accounting functions.
- Oversee and manage the general accounting functions, including, but not limited to: monthly and year-end closing, AP/AR, general ledger, and taxes.
- Manage general ledger accounting functions.
- Assess current practices and procedures, and make recommendations for improvements including system implementations.
- Prepare, review, and analyze financial statements to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Work with external auditors to ensure correct and timely closing and reporting at year-end.
- Help with quarterly and year-end financial audit activities and the annual corporate financial controls audit.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as requested.
- At least 7 years proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities to manage accounting processes independently
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills and superior attention to detail
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Bilingual (English / Japanese)
Nice to haves are are really just nice to haves, and applicants should apply even if they don’t have them
- CPA (JP and/or US)
- US-GAAP / JP-GAAP
- Experience with other financial systems
- Experience of consolidated financial statements
- Experience of ERP/accounting system set ups, audit support, IPO prep
Who is Peatix
Peatix is a global event registration platform that provides event organizers with powerful tools to create, promote, manage and sell out events of all sizes. Launched in 2011 in Japan, Peatix is now headquartered in New York and has expanded into Singapore, Malaysia, and Hong Kong.
At Peatix, we believe we can make a great positive impact by making it easier for people to meet with each other. By helping organizers create more and more diverse events for more and more diverse groups of people, we hope to connect people around the world and let people understand each other.
Why you should work for Peatix
Peatix is a customer centric company where we value collaboration, communication, empathy, quality, and shipping. We believe that you'll do better work by being healthier and happier, so we want you to have a life outside of working at Peatix. We encourage you to attend Peatix events as well.
Peatix is made up of people of different nationalities and backgrounds. We will continue to be a company that embraces diversity and look forward to applications from people from various backgrounds and lifestyles. Peatix will not discriminate against Peatix employees or applicants based on their age, citizenship, gender identity or expression, national origin, pregnancy status, race, religion, sexual orientation or any other differences.