Designer (Design Systems)[Remote]
Peatix is looking for a designer to help build our design system. You'll be responsible for creating, implementation and maintenance of design systems and UI components. You will work closely with other designers and engineers and establish the foundations of a design system as we grow into a bigger design team.
We are a startup in spirit but with the benefit of being an established business. Our culture of empowerment and small team size provide a great opportunity for those who want to make a significant impact on a platform with a large user base that's growing rapidly.
WHO DO WE NEED?
- Peatix Product Engineering is a distributed team supporting a popular and complex service.
- Historically, as a small team, designers and engineers at Peatix touched every facet of the product and the development processes.
- We want you for the skills you bring to the table as much as for the skills you want to hone.
- If you relish the ever-changing landscape of product development and take pride in, and responsibility for, your work then drop us a line: we want to meet you.
- Help plan and execute on a scalable and flexible design system for our ever evolving web and native app platforms.
- Design and define interaction patterns through components and documentation.
- Take an active part in establishing design principles, standards and processes.
- Manage and maintain the implementation of the design system across the product ecosystem.
- Work on UX and UI solutions with Product Managers, Engineers, Designers and other team members.
- You'll be working with a distributed team, so there is an emphasis on being a great verbal and written communicator.
- You're experienced in creating design systems for mid to large organizations.
- You have a solid understanding of web / native app UI and best practices.
- You have strong design thinking skills and a user centric mindset.
- You have a proven graphic design background working on web and mobile application projects.
- You have a great eye for aesthetic and attention to detail.
- You have expert knowledge of HTML / SASS / CSS.
- You have proficiency in Sketch or Figma.
Nice to haves are are really just nice to haves, and applicants should apply even if they don’t have them
- You can communicate in conversational level Japanese or above.
- You have experience working with Git and/or GitHub.
Who is Peatix
Peatix is a global event registration platform that provides event organizers with powerful tools to create, promote, manage and sell out events of all sizes. Launched in 2011 in Japan, Peatix is now headquartered in New York and has expanded into Singapore, Malaysia, and Hong Kong.
At Peatix, we believe we can make a great positive impact by making it easier for people to meet with each other. By helping organizers create more and more diverse events for more and more diverse groups of people, we hope to connect people around the world and let people understand each other.
Why you should work for Peatix
Peatix is a customer centric company where we value collaboration, communication, empathy, quality, and shipping. We believe that you'll do better work by being healthier and happier, so we want you to have a life outside of working at Peatix. We encourage you to attend Peatix events as well.
Peatix is made up of people of different nationalities and backgrounds. We will continue to be a company that embraces diversity and look forward to applications from people from various backgrounds and lifestyles. Peatix will not discriminate against Peatix employees or applicants based on their age, citizenship, gender identity or expression, national origin, pregnancy status, race, religion, sexual orientation or any other differences.
If you're applying for a specific position, be sure to include details such as links to:
- Your blog or other online presence
- Online portfolio, Dribbble, Behance
- Your GitHub / Bitbucket / etc. repositories
- ...anything else you feel is relevant