Peatix is looking for an Infrastructure Engineer. You’ll be responsible for designing, building, and operating Peatix's AWS-based infrastructure with a focus on maintainability, reliability, security, and performance.
We are a startup in spirit but with the benefit of being an established business. Our culture of empowerment and small team size provide a great opportunity for those who want to make a significant impact on a platform with a large user base that's growing rapidly.
WHO DO WE NEED?
- Peatix Product Engineering is a distributed team supporting a popular and complex service.
- Historically, as a small team, engineers at Peatix touched every facet of the product and the development processes. As we grow, we want you to help us evolve past this while avoiding silos.
- We want you for the skills you want to hone as much as for the skills you bring to the table.
- You expect to be guided and supported rather than micromanaged.
- If you relish the ever-changing landscape of running infrastructure for a growing platform, and take pride in and responsibility for your work, then drop us a line: we want to meet you.
- Design, build, and operate systems to deploy, maintain, and scale Peatix's infrastructure in an automated fashion.
- Incorporate the use of third-party tools and services where it makes sense to do so.
- Work closely with the developer experience team to minimize developer friction through all stages of the development lifecycle.
- Write documentation so that the systems you maintain and develop are usable by the whole team.
- Define appropriate metrics to measure and identify areas for improvement.
- Work closely with the product and engineering teams to help plan infrastructure to support the features and systems they're building.
- You'll be working with a distributed team, so there is an emphasis on being a strong verbal and written communicator.
- You have the ability to empathize and work with a diverse range of colleagues.
- You're well-versed in the infrastructure required to support a modern web application.
- You have experience working with AWS.
- You have experience working with production systems using VMs, containers, and Kubernetes.
- You understand the value of documenting and gradually enforcing best practices.
Nice to haves are are really just nice to haves, and applicants should apply even if they don’t have them
- You've managed the transition of manually managed instances to infrastructure as code.
- You're AWS certified.
- You have experience working with Git and GitHub.
Who is Peatix
Peatix is a global event registration platform that provides event organizers with powerful tools to create, promote, manage and sell out events of all sizes. Launched in 2011 in Japan, Peatix is now headquartered in New York and has expanded into Singapore, Malaysia, and Hong Kong.
At Peatix, we believe we can make a great positive impact by making it easier for people to meet with each other. By helping organizers create more and more diverse events for more and more diverse groups of people, we hope to connect people around the world and let people understand each other.
Why you should work for Peatix
Peatix is a customer centric company where we value collaboration, communication, empathy, quality, and shipping. We believe that you'll do better work by being healthier and happier, so we want you to have a life outside of working at Peatix. We encourage you to attend Peatix events as well.
Peatix is made up of people of different nationalities and backgrounds. We will continue to be a company that embraces diversity and look forward to applications from people from various backgrounds and lifestyles. Peatix will not discriminate against Peatix employees or applicants based on their age, citizenship, gender identity or expression, national origin, pregnancy status, race, religion, sexual orientation or any other differences.
If you're applying for a specific position, be sure to include details such as links to:
- Your blog or other online presence
- Your GitHub / Bitbucket / etc. repositories
- Relevant patches and bug reports to open-source projects
- Sample code
- ...anything else you feel is relevant