Lead Front End Engineer[Remote]
WHO DO WE NEED?
- Peatix's Engineering is a distributed team supporting a big service.
- Engineers at Peatix touch every facet of the product: from the front end, back end, to the release management, and DevOps for our cloud-based fleet.
- We want you for the skills you bring to the table as much as for the skills you want to hone.
- If you relish the ever-changing landscape of product development and take pride in, and responsibility for, your work then drop us a line: we want to meet you.
- Design Peatix's Web Application with Product Managers, Designer and other team members.
- Lead and design Peatix's front end architecture.
- Improve front end engineering standards and processes.
- Contribute technical knowledge to conversations about the direction of Peatix's web apps.
- Lead and guide technical decisions.
- Lead and develop complex projects.
- Mentor junior engineers and help them grow.
- Help with migrating our current codebase to a newer framework.
- You'll be working with a distributed team, so there is an emphasis on being a great verbal and written communicator.
- You have experience working with React / Vue.
- You have proficiency in HTML, CSS.
- You have worked with Web APIs.
- You're well-versed in modern web application development.
- You have a good track record of leading projects and bringing them successfully to the finish line.
- You have a strong sense of product and a user centric mindset.
- You know how to write code with an eye on maintenance, scalability and stability.
- You are able to guide with kindness and support your colleagues with a collaborative mindset.
Nice to haves are are really just nice to haves, and applicants should apply even if they don’t have them
- You have experience designing APIs.
- You have experience working with Git and/or GitHub.
- You have experience working with AWS.
- You can work remotely from almost anywhere, though we’ll look favorably on candidates that are located where Peatix already has team members.
- Peatix has offices in Tokyo, Singapore, New York and Kuala Lumpur. If you’re located in those cities, you’re welcome to work in the office.
- You'll be working with team members in the United States, Canada, Japan, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore and Australia.
Who is Peatix
Peatix is a global event registration platform that provides event organizers with powerful tools to create, promote, manage and sell out events of all sizes. Launched in 2011 in Japan, Peatix is now headquartered in New York and has expanded into Singapore and Malaysia.
At Peatix, we believe we can make a great positive impact by making it easier for people to meet with each other and strengthen their communities. By helping organizers create more and more diverse events for more and more diverse groups of people, we hope to connect people around the world and let people understand each other.
Why you should work for Peatix
Peatix is a customer centric company where we value collaboration, communication, empathy, quality, and shipping. We believe that you'll do better work by being healthier and happier, so we want you to have a life outside of working at Peatix. We encourage you to attend Peatix events as well.
Peatix is made up of people of a number of different nationalities and backgrounds. We will continue to be a company that embraces diversity and look forward to applications from people from various backgrounds and lifestyles. Peatix will not discriminate against Peatix employees or applicants based on their age, citizenship, gender identity or expression, national origin, pregnancy status, race, religion, sexual orientation or any other differences.
If you're applying for a specific position, be sure to include details such as links to:
- Your blog or other online presence
- Your GitHub / Bitbucket / etc. repositories
- Relevant patches and bug reports to open-source projects
- Sample code
- ...anything else you feel is relevant