Senior Platform Engineer[Remote]
Who do we need?
- Peatix Engineering is a distributed team supporting a popular and complex service.
- Historically, as a small team, engineers at Peatix touched every facet of the product and the development processes. We’re growing, and moving out of this phase, so positions can be more specialised.
- We want you for the skills you bring to the table as much as for the skills you want to hone.
- If you relish the ever-changing landscape of product development and take pride in, and responsibility for, your work then drop us a line: we want to meet you.
What you'll do
- Write robust, maintainable code for the full stack of the product.
- Dive into, refactor and improve the codebase.
- Write APIs that the mobile and web applications will interface with.
- Provide emergency support (service outages, etc.) by participating in our on-call rotation.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the Peatix code base.
- Contribute technical knowledge to conversations about Peatix's direction.
- Mentor team members and review their code.
- Plan and execute improvements to the scalability and performance of the Peatix platform.
- Write documentation so that the systems you maintain and develop are understandable to the whole team.
- As Peatix is small, you’ll have the opportunity to work on other areas, based on interest and demand.
- You'll be working with a distributed team, so there is an emphasis on being a great verbal and written communicator.
- You have the ability to empathize and work with a diverse range of colleagues.
- You demonstrate a thorough understanding of modern web application development.
- You have familiarity with distributed systems in a production environment (job scheduling and scaling).
- You have experience creating, maintaining, and deploying an application composed of multiple services in a cloud platform such as AWS.
- You have experience designing and writing tests.
- You enjoy designing and implementing APIs in an existing code base.
- You have experience working with Git and GitHub.
- You have experience working with AWS.
- You have experience working with relational and non-relational databases (MySQL, Redis, and Elasticsearch).
- Bonuses are bonuses ... we want you to apply even if you don't have bonus experience.
- You can communicate in conversational level Japanese or above.
- You have familiarity and experience with content distribution systems (CDNs and edge computation).
- You have experience with Perl.
- You can work remotely from almost anywhere, though we’ll look favorably on candidates that are located where Peatix already has team members.
- Peatix has offices in Tokyo, Singapore, and Kuala Lumpur. If you’re located in those cities, you’re welcome to work in the office.
- You'll be working with team members in Australia, Japan, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, and the United States.
Who is Peatix
Peatix is a global event registration platform that provides event organizers with powerful tools to create, promote, manage and sell out events of all sizes. Launched in 2011 in Japan, Peatix is now headquartered in New York and has expanded into Singapore and Malaysia.
At Peatix, we believe we can make the world a better place by making it easier for people to meet with each other. By helping organizers create more and more diverse events for more and more diverse groups of people, we hope to connect people around the world and let people understand each other.
Why you should work for Peatix
Peatix is a customer centric company where we value collaboration, communication, empathy, quality, and shipping. We believe that you'll do better work by being healthier and happier, so we want you to have a life outside of working at Peatix. We encourage you to attend Peatix events as well.
Peatix is made up of people of a number of different nationalities and backgrounds. We will continue to be a company that embraces diversity and look forward to applications from people from various backgrounds and lifestyles. Peatix will not discriminate against Peatix employees or applicants based on their age, citizenship, gender identity or expression, national origin, pregnancy status, race, religion, sexual orientation or any other differences.
If you're applying for a specific position, be sure to include details such as links to:
- Your blog or other online presence
- Your GitHub / Bitbucket / etc. repositories
- Relevant patches and bug reports to open-source projects
- Sample code
- ...anything else you feel is relevant
A public LinkedIn profile or resumé/CV is not strictly required (but would be helpful)