Web Application Engineer (Front End Developer)
WHO DO WE NEED?
- Peatix Engineering is a small team supporting a big service.
- Engineers at Peatix touch every facet of the product: from frontend/backend, iOS and Android development to release management and DevOps for our cloud-based fleet.
- We want you for the skills you bring to the table as much as for the skills you want to hone.
- If you relish the ever-changing landscape of product development and take pride in, and responsibility for, your work then drop us a line: we want to meet you. And yes, engineers do have occasional travel opportunities to Tokyo, NY or Singapore!
What you'll do
- Write robust, maintainable code for Peatix's customer facing and internal administrative web apps.
- Design the Peatix Web Application with Product Managers, Design and other teams at Peatix.
- Dive into, refactor and improve the codebase
- Provide emergency support (service outages, etc.)
- Develop an indepth understanding of the Peatix code base.
- Contribute technical knowledge to conversations about the direction of Peatix's web apps.
- Review code
- You'll be working with a distributed team, so there is an emphasis on being a great verbal and written communicator
- You have 2 + years experience building web applications
- You're well-versed in modern web application development
- You understand that untested code is a ticking timebomb
- You have the ability to empathize and work with a diverse range of colleagues
- You aren't expecting to be micromanaged
- You can communicate in Business level English or above.
- You can communicate in conversational level Japanese or above.
- You have experience working with Perl.
- You have experience working with Ruby and Ruby on Rails.
- You have experience working with Git and/or GitHub.
- You have experience working with AWS.
- You have experience designing APIs.
- This position could be based in one of the following locations; New York City, Japan or Singapore
Who is Peatix
Peatix is a global event registration platform that provides event organizers with powerful tools to create, promote, manage and sell out events of all sizes. Launched in 2011 in Japan, Peatix is now headquartered in New York and has expanded into Singapore, Malaysia and Hong Kong.
At Peatix, we believe we can make the world a better place by making it easier for people to meet with each other. By helping organizers create more and more diverse events for more and more diverse groups of people, we hope to connect people around the world and let people understand each other.
Why you should work for Peatix
Peatix is a customer centric company where we value collaboration, communication, empathy, quality and shipping.
We have offices in New York, Singapore and Tokyo, you can work from home or work at the office, or both.
We believe that you'll do better work by being healthier and happier, so we want you to have a life outside of working at Peatix. We encourage you to attend Peatix events as well.
Peatix is made up of people of a number of different nationalities and backgrounds. We will continue to be a company that embraces diversity and look forward to applications from people from various backgrounds and lifestyles.
Peatix will not discriminate against Peatix employees or applicants based on their age, citizenship, gender identity or expression, national origin, pregnancy status, race, religion, sexual orientation or any other differences.
If you're applying for a specific position, be sure to include details such as links to:
- Your blog or other online presence
- Your GitHub / Bitbucket / etc. repositories
- Relevant patches and bug reports to open-source projects
- Sample code
- ...anything else you feel is relevant
A public LinkedIn profile or resumé/CV is not strictly required (but would be helpful)