Senior Web Application Engineer (Senior Front End Developer)[Remote]
WHO DO WE NEED?
- Peatix's Engineering is a distributed team supporting a big service.
- Engineers at Peatix touch every facet of the product: from the frontend, backend, to the release management, and DevOps for our cloud-based fleet.
- We want you for the skills you bring to the table as much as for the skills you want to hone.
- If you relish the ever-changing landscape of product development and take pride in, and responsibility for, your work then drop us a line: we want to meet you.
What you'll do
- Write robust, maintainable code for Peatix's customer facing and internal administrative web apps.
- Design Peatix's Web Application with Product Managers, Designer and other team members.
- Dive into, refactor and improve the codebase.
- Provide emergency support (service outages, etc.).
- Develop an in depth understanding of Peatix's code base.
- Contribute technical knowledge to conversations about the direction of Peatix's web apps.
- Review code.
- Lead and develop complex projects.
- Mentor junior engineers.
- Help with migrating our current codebase to a newer framework.
- You'll be working with a distributed team, so there is an emphasis on being a great verbal and written communicator.
- You have 4 + years experience building web applications.
- You have experience working with React / Vue.
- You have worked with Web APIs.
- You're well-versed in modern web application development.
- You understand that untested code is a ticking timebomb.
- You have the ability to lead projects and bring them successfully to the finish line.
- You are able to guide with kindness and support your team with a collaborative mindset.
- You have experience working with complex platforms and know how to write code with an eye on maintenance, scalability and stability.
- You have the ability to empathize and work with a diverse range of colleagues.
- You aren't expecting to be micromanaged.
- You can communicate in Business level English or above.
- You have experience working with GraphQL.
- You have experience designing APIs.
- You have experience working with Git and/or GitHub.
- You have experience working with AWS.
- You can work remotely, when necessary to boost your creativity and keep you active.
- You'll be working with team members in New York, Japan, Malaysia, the Philippines, and Singapore.
Who is Peatix
Peatix is a global event registration platform that provides event organizers with powerful tools to create, promote, manage and sell out events of all sizes. Launched in 2011 in Japan, Peatix is now headquartered in New York and has expanded into Singapore and Malaysia.
At Peatix, we believe we can make a great positive impact by making it easier for people to meet with each other. By helping organizers create more and more diverse events for more and more diverse groups of people, we hope to connect people around the world and let people understand each other.
Why you should work for Peatix
Peatix is a customer centric company where we value collaboration, communication, empathy, quality, and shipping. We believe that you'll do better work by being healthier and happier, so we want you to have a life outside of working at Peatix. We encourage you to attend Peatix events as well.
Peatix is made up of people of a number of different nationalities and backgrounds. We will continue to be a company that embraces diversity and look forward to applications from people from various backgrounds and lifestyles. Peatix will not discriminate against Peatix employees or applicants based on their age, citizenship, gender identity or expression, national origin, pregnancy status, race, religion, sexual orientation or any other differences.
If you're applying for a specific position, be sure to include details such as links to:
- Your blog or other online presence
- Your GitHub / Bitbucket / etc. repositories
- Relevant patches and bug reports to open-source projects
- Sample code
- ...anything else you feel is relevant
A public LinkedIn profile or resumé/CV is not strictly required (but would be helpful)