* Please check our website to see information of Peatix affiliates.
1. Management of Personal Information
2. Retention of Personal Information and other Data
The gathering of Personal Information will be done reasonably and only for the extent required, Members can decide the extent of Personal Information that they choose to provide.
If the Member does not choose to provide their Personal Information or does not accept the use of Personal Information for new Peatix services or features, there is a possibility that the Member will not be able to use services or features that require Personal Information.
Peatix will gather Personal Information for the following purposes.
- Personal Information gathered when using a service provided by Peatix.
When using the content download service, Peatix will ask for the name, telephone number, e-mail address, company name, type of business, the number of employees, department, job title (including whether or not the user has the right to make a decision), and other information relating to the companies that the user belongs to, which the company (the “Contents Provider”), specified on the webpage of contents download service, asks for.
iii Questionnaire Form
- Personal Information gathered when contacting Peatix.
When contacting Peatix, Peatix will ask for Personal Information to contact the Member including name, email address, and phone number.
- Personal Information gathered when Peatix publishes promotional campaigns.
When entering for campaign, Peatix will ask for the name and email address necessary to make entry.
- Personal Information when subscribing for notification emails provided by Peatix.
When subscribing for notification emails, Peatix will ask for email address necessary to send emails.
3. Usage of Personal Information
As a general rule, Peatix will use Members' Personal Information for the following six purposes (excluding Attendee Information Required by Organizers). When using Members’ Personal Information for purposes other than below, Peatix will announce in this page or in our service.
- To provide services safely and securely.
- For internal reference materials that will be utilized in enhancing the quality of services.
- To improve services provided to Members or develop new services.
- To inform users of special services or new reference materials.
- To contact users as required.
- To conduct surveys on usages patterns or usage environments.
Peatix will not use the Attendee Information Required by Organizers for our business except for the publishing and sharing under conditions specified in “4. Disclosure and Sharing of Personal Information” below. The responsibility for the management of the Participant Information required by the event organizer shall solely borne by the event organizer (including its agent) that obtains such information.
4. Outsource of Personal Information
In order to efficiently proceed with business operation within the scope necessary to achieve the above purposes of usage and to provide better services, Peatix may outsource the handling of Personal Information to partner companies; provided, however, that the Personal Information to be outsourced for handling shall be limited to the minimum information necessary for carrying out the outsourced services.
5. Joint Use/Provision to Third Parties of Personal Information
- Peatix will not disclose user’s Personal Information including Account Information and Participant Information to a third party (excluding the outsourced party and Peatix Affiliates) without consent of users:
- When it is recognized that disclosure of Personal Information to a third party is necessary in order to provide information or services desired by the Member: the Event Organizer / Co-organizer
- When the name and e-mail address of the Member obtained by Peatix through our website are required by the event organizer or co-organizer and Peatix approves this: the Event Organizer / Co-organizer
- When the Member's actions on our website are in violation of the Terms of Service or guidelines, etc., and it is deemed necessary to protect the rights, property, services, etc. of such website: A third party deemed necessary by Peatix
- When inquiries are required to be made to a financial institution for settlement of payments, withdrawal procedures, etc.: Such financial institution
- When Peatix sells its subsidiary or a business unit: A buyer
- In the event that any of the following items apply, the Member shall agree in advance that Peatix will provide the Member's Personal Information to a third party specified in each of the following items, and shall not express any objection to the provision if such provision is made.
- User consent has been obtained.
- Disclosure or sharing is required under law.
- Disclosure or sharing is required to protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of users, in cases where obtaining user consent if difficult.
- Disclosure or sharing is especially necessary for improving public health or promoting the sound growth of children, in cases where obtaining user consent is difficult.
- Disclosure or sharing is required to cooperate with the public affairs of national or local governments, and when obtaining customer consent is likely to hinder the administration of public affairs.
- When the user uses the content download service, Peatix will provide Personal Information to a third party in accordance with the following provisions:
- Category of Personal Information
- Purpose of Personal Information Usage by a Third Party
- A Third Party Receiving Personal Information
- Peatix will endeavor to keep Personal Information accurate and up-to-date within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use, and to delete the Personal Information when it is no longer necessary to use it.
- Peatix will take necessary and appropriate measures to prevent leakage, loss or damage of Personal Information and other safety management.
- When having employees handle Personal Information, Peatix will make sure of the proper handling of Personal Information, provide appropriate education, and conduct necessary and appropriate supervision.
- When outsourcing the handling of Personal Information, Peatix will select a company who takes appropriate safety control measures, and will conduct necessary and appropriate supervision of such company.
- Peatix utilizes cookie technology to enable data-based optimization of advertisements and notification emails. Cookies do not include any information that identify individual users. Usage of data acquired through cookies on the Site will be limited to providing and improving the Service, and conducting certain marketing activities, and will not be used for any other purpose.
- If the Peatix user has used features or services provided by Peatix to reveal or share Personal Information with a third party.
- If the identity of a Peatix user has been ascertained based on information that the user has inputted into Peatix.
- When content containing Personal Information has been uploaded to the site.
- If the event Organizer or the third party business partner is applicable to a business operator handling personal information and violates any regulations in the handling of personal information.
- In addition to the one prescribed by the preceding paragraph, if the third party who acquired Personal Information as specified under “4. Disclosure and Sharing of Personal Information” publishes or leaks its owned users’ Personal Information by its intention or fault.
In addition to the Personal Information described in 2.1.ii. above, the viewed or downloaded contents, and the status of consideration regarding the information in the relevant materials.
To provide materials, etc. to the user who wish to download them, and to send information on the company’s services and seminars, etc.
The Contents Provider specified on the contents download service website.
6. Management of Personal Information
7. Cookies related to advertisements and notification emails
Cookies are individually set by each browser. Opt-outs must be executed across any and all individual browsers and/or device concurrently accessing the site. Upon opt-outs, a newly generated cookie notifying the procedure will be placed on the browser; if this new cookie is deleted, the opt-out procedure must be repeated.
8. Direct Emails
For those users who have agreed to the Terms of Services Peatix will send information that Peatix believes is of value to the users' registered email address. It is also possible to opt out of Direct Emails.
9. Disclosure, correction or deletion of Personal Information
Peatix shall sincerely and promptly respond to requests for disclose, correction, or deletion of personal information from a user in question.
In order to ensure privacy and security a Member's Personal Information is protected with a password. When the Member's information is transmitted, Peatix uses SSL (Secure Socket Layer) and encrypts information that has been inputted in order to prevent its loss. However, generally speaking data transmissions over the Internet can not be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Peatix does take measures to protect the user's Personal Information, but can not guarantee that all information provided by Peatix is absolutely secure.
Peatix bears no liability if a third party gains access to Personal Information for reasons other than those specified under “4. Disclosure and Sharing of Personal Information” in the following circumstances.
13. Other topics
Updated July 12, 2022 Peatix Inc.